Since 2003, DataCom Solutions has been a provider of high-fidelity IT Services and Integrated Solutions to both Federal and Enterprise customers. We are renown for our excellence in cloud adoption, digital transformation, data storage, software & hardware integration, IT Staff Augmentation, and our coveted full-service Cybersecurity via our own internal 24x7x365 SOC (Security Operation Center).
At DataCom Solutions, we also provide preventive maintenance, demand maintenance, and emergency services to customers across the USA including federal, state, and local governments, telecommunications companies, cable television & broadband providers, data center operators, hospitals, and many others.
JOB OVERVIEW (Multiple Positions)
If you are one of the top Critical Power UPS Field Service Engineers in the Industry, with excellent technical capabilities for servicing UPS systems (e.g., Liebert, MGE, Powerware, Eaton, APC, GE, Emerson), AC/DC Rectifiers, Batteries, and Power Distribution Units (PDU’s) at various customer sites, and respected by your customers and your peers, have a strong work ethic, and you enjoy your work, then you are exactly who we are looking for.
- Travel to various customer sites to perform scheduled preventative maintenance and repairs of UPS systems, AC/DC Rectifiers, Batteries, and Power Distribution Units (PDU’s) on a variety of equipment [ Liebert, MGE, Powerware, Eaton, APC, GE, Emerson, etc ]
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose UPS systems, including problems with Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), and AC and DC.
- Travel to customer site within required response time to perform, diagnose, and repair emergency maintenance on critical power equipment.
- Complete required documentation timely and accurately, using the company computer system(s) and accurately assess & report urgency of all needed repairs.
- Interact with customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must have electrical and mechanical aptitude, relating to UPS systems, DC Power Systems, and/or OEM knowledge [ Liebert, MGE, Powerware, Eaton, APC, GE, Emerson, etc]
- 3-5 years working in the critical power industry with UPS, DC Power Systems/OEM experience, previous military experience in electronics, or a 2–4-year technical degree
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot faults to component level on equipment such as UPS systems, batteries, DC power systems, PDU’s, Inverter Systems, etc.
- Must be willing to work various shifts, weekends, holidays, and respond to emergency calls.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and can lift of up to 100 pounds during services
- Opportunity to learn from experienced technicians and develop skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off and holidays
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please Note: DataCom is an E-Verify employer, and all positions are contingent upon passing both a background check and drug screening prior to a start date and are subject to random drug screenings during the employment period.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com