Since 2003, DataCom Solutions has been a provider of high-fidelity IT Services and Integrated System Solutions to both Federal and Enterprise customers. We are renown for our excellence in cloud adoption, digital transformation, data storage, software & hardware integration, IT Staff Augmentation, and our coveted full-service Cybersecurity via our own internal 24x7x365 SOC (Security Operation Center).
DataCom Solutions is searching for Sr Principal & Principal Systems Administrators (multiple positions) to join the Network and Field Service. This position is located in Huntsville, AL with travel to company and customer sites potentially required up to 10% of the time.
What You’ll Get To Do:
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Configures, operates, and maintains networking and computer systems within closed area.
- Solid understanding of hardware infrastructure including servers, networking, and storage components (SAN and NAS).
- In depth knowledge of Red Hat software packaging, distribution, and configuration.
- Implements and manages VMware vSphere 7.x infrastructure.
- Provides DevOps and source code management in support of software development.
- Responsible for STIG (security technical implementation guide) application, testing, and compliance.
- Assists in design and creation of overall system in accordance with customer requirements.
- Maintains operational security posture to ensure information systems (IS) security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed.
- Ability to identify and summarize findings, assess root cause, and recommend solutions.
- Participates in requirements derivation and refinement.
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Principal Systems Administrator: 6 Years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree; 4 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Sr Principal Systems Administrator: 10 Years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree; 8 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 5 years.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP).
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II (Security + or higher) or must obtain within 90 days of report.
- Red Hat System Administrator I/II/III (Any Level).
- Familiarity with DevSecOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming), Scaled Agile Framework – SAFe for Lean Enterprises.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA) or VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
- Extensive knowledge of VMware ESX, VSAN, and related technologies.
- Ability to Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Docker.
- Development and maintenance of Infrastructure as code (IAC) solutions including Ansible, Terraform, and SaltStack.
- Automated configuration, management, and coordination of Linux applications and services.
- Working knowledge of container orchestration.
- Executed best-practice infrastructure automation and high availability configuration management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Inside office environment.
- Working on a computer for long periods of time.
- May involve long period of sitting at a desk.
- The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please Note: DataCom is an E-Verify employer, and all positions are contingent upon passing both a background check and drug screening prior to a start date and are subject to random drug screenings during the employment period.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org