Since 2003, DataCom Solutions has been a provider of high-fidelity IT Services and Integrated System Solutions to both Federal and Enterprise customers. We are renown for our excellence in cloud adoption, digital transformation, data storage, software & hardware integration, IT Staff Augmentation, and our coveted full-service Cybersecurity via our own internal 24x7x365 SOC (Security Operation Center).
DataCom Solutions is searching for Principal Python Developers (multiple positions) to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products. This position is located in Huntsville, AL with travel to company and customer sites potentially required up to 10% of the time.
What You’ll Get To Do:
The successful candidate will be a motivated software developer who is comfortable with writing and testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services. The Principal Python Developer will be required to code for applications, comprehending what users want from the finished product, developing design documentation for the application, debugging and repairing code, and testing the software they have built.
The successful candidates responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Writing effective and scalable code
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications
- Test and debug programs
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- Assess and prioritize feature requests
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Level 3 Requirements: 5 Years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree; 3 Years with Masters
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 5 years.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP)
- Experience developing front end web architectures.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Work experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Active Secret with preferrable Top Secret security clearance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Inside office environment.
- Working on a computer for long periods of time.
- May involve long period of sitting at a desk.
- The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please Note: DataCom is an E-Verify employer, and all positions are contingent upon passing both a background check and drug screening prior to a start date and are subject to random drug screenings during the employment period.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org