Website DataCom Solutions, Inc.
We Make "IT" Simple
Since 2003, DataCom Solutions has been a provider of high-fidelity IT Services and Integrated System Solutions to both Federal and Enterprise customers. We are renown for our excellence in cloud adoption, digital transformation, data storage, software & hardware integration, IT Staff Augmentation, and our coveted full-service Cybersecurity via our own internal 24x7x365 SOC (Security Operation Center).
DataCom Solutions has an opening for a Cyber Defense Analyst (multiple positions) to join our talented team as part of our Security Operations Center. The Cyber Defense Analyst will track, document, and report incidents from initial detection to final resolution in accordance with our internal standard operating procedures and established service level timelines, submit and track all submitted service tickets internally and to external organizations and provide timely acknowledgment of SOC service requests, problem identification, root cause analysis, escalation, resolution, and closure for all SOC service requests in accordance with established Service Level Agreements (SLA).
JOB OVERVIEW: (Please Note: This position is contingent upon award)
The Cyber Defense Analyst plays a crucial role in safeguarding government networks, systems, and data from cyber threats and attacks. This position involves proactive monitoring, analysis, and response to potential security incidents, as well as contributing to the development and implementation of strategies to strengthen the overall cyber defense posture. The Cyber Defense Analyst collaborates closely with IT teams, security professionals, and law enforcement agencies to detect and mitigate cyber threats and ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of sensitive government information.
- Perform penetration testing on customer information systems utilizing industry-standard penetration toolsets, document system configurations, hosts, URLs, and system diagrams, and review and test systems accounts and other users and system-defined configurations.
- Threat Detection and Monitoring:
- Utilize advanced security tools and technologies to monitor network traffic, system logs, and other sources for indicators of compromise and potential threats.
- Analyze security data to identify patterns and anomalies that could indicate malicious activity.
- Incident Response and Mitigation:
- Respond promptly to security incidents, breaches, and vulnerabilities, coordinating with incident response teams to contain and mitigate the impact.
- Conduct forensic analysis and detailed investigations to determine the nature and extent of cyber incidents.
- Vulnerability Assessment:
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to identify weaknesses in systems and applications.
- Collaborate with IT teams to prioritize and address vulnerabilities based on risk assessment.
- Cyber Threat Intelligence:
- Stay updated on emerging cyber threats, attack vectors, and trends by monitoring threat intelligence feeds, forums, and publications.
- Translate threat intelligence into actionable insights for enhancing cyber defense strategies.
- Security Documentation and Reporting:
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of security incidents, investigations, and response activities.
- Prepare reports and presentations to communicate cyber threat trends and defense measures to management and stakeholders.
- Collaboration and Training:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide guidance and support in implementing security best practices.
- Conduct training sessions for IT staff and end users to enhance security awareness and promote responsible online behavior.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Participate in post-incident reviews to identify lessons learned and areas for improvement in cyber defense strategies.
- Propose and implement enhancements to security controls and processes based on industry standards and evolving threat landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Relevant industry certifications, such as Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC, CISA, CISM, or similar certification.
- Proven experience in cybersecurity, incident response, or related roles within government, military, or critical infrastructure sectors.
- Strong understanding of cyber threats, attack vectors, and vulnerability management.
- Proficiency in security tools and technologies, including intrusion detection systems, SIEM, network monitoring, and malware analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make quick decisions in high-pressure situations.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey complex technical information to various audiences.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret security clearance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Inside office environment.
- Working on a computer for long periods of time.
- May involve long period of sitting at a desk.
- The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please Note: DataCom is an E-Verify employer, and all positions are contingent upon passing both a background check and drug screening prior to a start date and are subject to random drug screenings during the employment period.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org