Since 2003, DataCom Solutions has been a provider of high-fidelity IT Services and Integrated Solutions to both Federal and Enterprise customers. We are renown for our excellence in cloud adoption, digital transformation, data storage, software & hardware integration, IT Staff Augmentation, and our coveted full-service Cybersecurity via our own internal 24x7x365 SOC (Security Operation Center).
At DataCom Solutions, we also provide preventive maintenance, demand maintenance, and emergency services to customers across the USA including federal, state, and local governments, telecommunications companies, cable television & broadband providers, data center operators, hospitals, and many others.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Battery/UPS Technician Apprentice. As a Battery/UPS Technician Apprentice, you will be responsible for assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of battery systems in a variety of settings, including Businesses, Data Centers and Industrial Facilities. You will work alongside experienced technicians and learn the necessary skills and knowledge to become a competent Battery/UPS Technician. This is a paid training program for a career in servicing Battery Back-up systems, with room for advancement.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of battery systems
- Work with a team of experienced technicians to troubleshoot and diagnose issues with battery systems
- Follow safety procedures and protocols to ensure the safe handling of battery systems
- Maintain accurate records of work completed and parts used
- Learn and stay current with industry standards and regulations
- Participate in training programs and apprenticeship coursework to develop skills and knowledge in battery technology..
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding of electrical systems and circuits
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs)
- Comprehensive training program and apprenticeship coursework
- Opportunity to learn from experienced technicians and develop skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off and holidays
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please Note: DataCom is an E-Verify employer, and all positions are contingent upon passing both a background check and drug screening prior to a start date and are subject to random drug screenings during the employment period.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org